Application ModernizationLegacy to New Applications and Platforms
Re-platforming, Re-hosting, Recoding, Rearchitecting, Re-engineering, Interoperability, Replacement, Retirement
Osprey’s Unique Approach Ensures You Won’t Need to Settle for a Generic Cloud Migration
Migrating legacy application and customer facing products to the cloud is not a cookie cutter process, where one-solution fits all. While moving to the cloud can in some circumstances be a routine and logical progression detached from business needs, other times you may want to move to the cloud because it offers features and capabilities your business needs. No two scenarios are identical.
Our application modernization services consider the unique needs, goals, and state of your application to create a best-fit modern application approach. We collaborate with your business and technical teams to transform your application in measurable steps, building confidence and new skills along the way.
Assess and Plan
Define your target operational state, understand your starting point, and then develop comprehensive, actionable plans for your target security model and applications to be modernized.
- Evaluate and classify target applications into groups
- Identify target environment and goals (e.g. security, cost, availability)
- Develop plans for each application group or unique application
- Establish economic principles
- Develop modernization road map and plan
Build and Modernize
Modernize your application groups, create migration assets, build and validate target operational environment, and then set cost governance controls.
- Refactor and re-architect applications according to plan
- Create deployment assets to accelerate and control deployment
- Upgrade or establish target operational environment
- Set economic and compliance controls
- Deploy and validate pilot applications
Migrate modernized applications or application groups into your new target environment, integrate with operations, and then operationalize new processes and teams.
- Develop migration calendar and cross-functional team
- Deploy applications, workloads, and new operational processes
- Post-migration Hypercare
- Align and validate both economic and compliance controls
- Executive presentation and knowledge transfer
Learn More About Osprey’s Work
Allied Solutions was rolling out a major product improvement across its customer base and wanted to measure customer experience indicators from early application use. These indicators were then used to inform and prioritize ongoing product enhancement and, ultimately,...
Osprey Software Development and IHS Markit built and deployed a new application in the cloud in under 3 months; rapidly introducing a modernized application while using the cloud to simplify, strengthen, and accelerate delivery.Challenge While working with Osprey to...
The Independent School Data Exchange engaged Osprey to design and build a secure, web-based system that automates the entire process of data collection, distribution and reporting for a network of hundreds of private schools. Challenge INDEX is a member-driven,...